Porcelain Veneers Vs Dental Crowns
What are the differences?
A combination of Crowns and Veneers can be used, depending on the condition of your teeth. 8 – 10 top Veneers is the most common of the treatments for a smile makeover, and if required, lower Veneers, alternatively, Zoom whitening can be used for the bottom teeth.
Porcelain Veneers are suitable for teeth that are:
- Slightly discoloured
- Have small gaps between teeth
Dental Crowns are suitable for teeth that are:
- Damaged, worn over time, or decayed
- Uneven or slightly crooked
- Darkened or discoloured
- Post Root Canal Therapy (RCT) – to preserve the strength in the remaining tooth structure
- Being used as an abutment (support) for a bridge or denture
Both treatments require slight to moderate tooth and enamel preparation (drilling) to achieve the best possible contour and natural appearance. Both treatments generally require 2 – 3 consultations with our Dental Specialists, (unless additional treatments are required).
If you’re interested in Dental Veneers or any other Dental Treatment at our Clinics on the Gold Coast or in Thailand, Please fill out our Online Assessment Form and we can get you a FREE Cosmetic Dentistry recommendation.